Business Development Manager
Union Street Media builds and maintains websites for real estate agents, brokers & offices across the country. We are looking to add a Business Development Manager to our team.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to cultivate new client relationships. We have a proven training process to help you start selling quickly. You will follow our prospecting process to find potential clients that need our services and have the ability to spend on them. While you will often make cold calls, they will be targeted to exactly the right people. You will generate interest, schedule demos of our system, and follow up with the lead to close. This strategy is underway and successful today. We are expanding to new markets and looking for the right person to replicate this successful sales process.
The ideal candidate for this position has superlative communication skills, particularly on the phone. You are hard-working, self motivated, confident, and hungry for success. You aren’t afraid to reach out to people who don’t know you. You aren’t easily discouraged. You have great social skill and make people feel comfortable. You listen well, identifying prospective client’s pain points and sharing advice to help them. You demonstrate quickly that you aren’t just a telemarketer; you’re a consultant who has researched their site specifically and can help them. You identify what they need to perform better online using a consultative approach, recommending something that genuinely will help them. Once you create the relationship, you have the natural perseverance and intuition to follow up relentlessly without annoying them.
- Entrepreneurial individual that is motivated to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Natural ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Passion to generate new sales, which means cold calling, quoting prices, and asking for money on a regular basis
- Comfort working in a small business atmosphere
- Understanding of the Internet, online design & software, Internet marketing, and a desire to learn more
- A belief in our concept and a team mentality
- Honesty: you must accurately set expectation with each client
- Knowledge of the real estate industry is helpful but not required
- Prospecting potential clients using our proven formula of assessing their ability to spend, evaluating the quality of their current site, and identifying the contact person
- Managing outreach from the first call to introduce yourself through a needs analysis, system demo, proposal delivery, follow up, and close
- Documenting client needs not communicated by the proposal to send to the development team for fulfillment, and managing any confusion the client may have about what expectations you set. When the site launches, an Account Manager takes over the relationship
- While most work will happen at our office via phone outreach, you will occasionally travel to clients and to trade shows
- Minimum commitment of one year of full-time employment
- Compensation is commission based and varies based on performance. We will give you a minimum target and goal to shoot for based on past performance for others in your position
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile. No phone calls please.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.