The Social Media boom may be bigger than you think; Facebook is at its forefront. Our “Facebook for Business” series will help you make sense of this powerful tool. You’ll learn how to tame the beast and harness it for your business. Follow our series during the next several weeks and:
- Learn Facebook basics
- Learn how to leverage Facebook to underscore your brand
- Learn how to get fans (and what to do with those fans)
- Learn how to optimize your Facebook page
- Learn about applications and FBML (Facebook Mark up Language)
- Learn how to measure your Facebook traffic
- Learn how to effectively link your networks
With over 300,000,000 Facebook users, 120,000,000 of whom log on daily, the business opportunity Facebook presents cannot be ignored. According to Socialnomics, social media has claimed the number one web activity spot over the previous “less acceptable” contender. Facebook is a free way to improve your online presence. To increase your success online, your business must be part of this popular activity.
Leading companies have joined the crowd and are successfully using their Facebook pages to keep their customers happy and connected with with their brand.
Look at who is making the best of Facebook: 10 Successful Facebook Business Pages (from the Penn Olsen Social Media blog). With due diligence, and focused hard work, your business could be among the leaders.
A business Facebook page is different than your personal Facebook page.
- You have “fans” instead of “friends”
- It represents your brand, not you.
- You have access to much more information about your traffic.
- There is more customization for privacy settings.
The business page is built off of your personal account and gives you plenty of tools to reach the growing network of individuals using Facebook. You can run ads on the Facebook sidebar, track the demographics of your page traffic with Facebook Insights, create a badge or fanbox to promote your page, start discussion boards with the fans, add company information and events, and much more.
There are many ways to use these features and many ways to optimize your page; but to start, how do you create a business page?